wishtrend

Monday, November 5, 2012

sweet orange hand salve

Greetings!

Are your hand dry and chapped? Looking for good hand creams? Don't want chemicals in your hand creams? Then, welcome! 

This post is about hand salves, more importantly, homemade chemical free hand salves!

Are you ready?

If you are not ready, listen to this short story of mine on why I'm writing this post. I promise you that it is super short!

Why?

Today, my parcel came! Yes, I ordered it on Friday. Wanna know more, read here.

So, are you ready now?

Yes?

Let's begin!

What you need?
1. Olive oil

2. Beeswax
the yellow beads is the beeswax

3. Sweet orange essential oil  (didn't take a pic of this yet!)


Don't know where to get them? Don't worry! I will post a link at the bottom of the post.

Steps:
1. Measure 1/8 cups of beeswax and 1/2 cup olive oil.
2. Mix them in a double boiler.
3. Once beeswax is completely melted, let the mixture cool down.
4. When the mixture is warm, not hot, add in 5-7 drops of sweet orange essential oil.
5. Pour mixture into a glass container and let it cool.

And that's it!

Note:
For double boiler, I just used my Pyrex measuring jug n place it in a steamboat pot filled with water.
For the essential oil, you may actually use any essential oil of your choice but since my title is sweet orange, so yea.
You may also add in vitamin E if u want.

The best thing about homemade things, you get to decide what goes in!

Will post pictures later when I'm on my computer. iPad just doesn't let you upload pics to your blog.








as for olive oil, you can just find it in your everyday grocery store. I got mine from Cold Storage!


Result: I actually got a cut on my finger which hurts so bad, without much thinking, I immediately applied this hand salve. Guess what? It didn't hurt anymore! And it actually looks like it has already healed! Impressive right? So, why don't you try it?


Btw, I might consider selling this for people who are lazy to make it. So, if you are currently residing in Malaysia, do email me at joubajoubawa@yahoo.com if you are interested. Trust me, I will not put a high price. 


No comments: