wishtrend

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Snail Cream Craze

Greetings!

If you are into Korean skincare like I am, you will know about trends and craze and whatnot. So, for this post, I will talk about the very steady trend which is Snail Cream!

I knew about this for quite some time but it never caught my attention, that is, till a few days ago. 

I read Skin and tonic's blog and her post the other day is about an interview with the founder of W2beauty. I am pretty sure you have all heard about that site right?

So basically in that interview, there was her picture and her skincare routine. When I saw her picture, I could not believe that she faced acne problems before. Her skin is what you would call flawless!

So, I emailed her and ask her in detail on how to cure acne scars as you know, if you have been following my blog, well, you would know that I have uncountable acne scars.

She did not hesitate in recommending me the A'pieu Healing Snail Cream. It looks like this:

She said it worked for her. I immediately clicked in the link she gave.
http://w2beauty.com/en/a-pieu-cream/511-a-pieu-essential-source-snail-cream-w2beauty.html

Guess what? It was really pricey! One bottle of 50ml is about USD42. And that would be about RM113++. That is totally out of my budget. Not that i don't trust Alice. I do. It's just that the cream was just too expensive. And assuming it does work on me, I would then need to continuously purchase this cream which I plan to but my wallet would be left with a very very big hole.

So, I went on researching about this A'pieu snail cream, the ingredients and so on. And based on my findings, I try searching for similar products but cheaper ones of course.

I then found out about Mizon All in One Repair Snail Cream. I saw it on qoo10 before. It did catch my attention once but I wasn't into snail cream back then.

snail_l.jpg

Now this one, I definitely can buy! It is priced at RM33.60 for a relatively large amount of 75ml!
That's a steal! especially since it has 92% of mucin which is definitely more than the A'pieu's snail cream!


I did come across another snail cream which is TEARS most snail recovery cream before I found Mizon's.

This one is priced at USD29.16 excluding postage. This one has 88% of mucin which again, has more percentage than that of the A'pieu. This one is 50ml.

I was actually considering this at first. I read somewhere that this brand was by Kwon Sang Woo.

Recognise him? I watched his latest drama which I absolutely LOVE!!! Title is King Of Ambition/ Queen of Ambition/ Yawang


Then, I found the Secret Key Snail + EGF Repairing gel Cream! 
Secret Key Snail + EGF Repairing gel Cream
This one is really cheap! It is 50g but the price is only USD4.92. I did consider this since I read many good reviews on the net about this! I was even considering getting the whole range which consist of cleanser, toner, essence, emulsion.

Well, that was all before I read Susie's blog.

After reading her post about her morning routine, I just had to follow her!

So, I would like to say the above different brands of snail cream were all part of my lil finding which is based on well, budget and availability.

There are so many other snail creams out there which I can't possibly post all here. So, yea. These are all really good, just depending on how much you are willing to splurge. Well, ok, now I'm lying. I don't know whether they are good or not but I did read reviews on them and the bloggers said that they are. So, personally, I can't confirm. But I will get the Mizon's one and I shall review it once I actually purchase it!

So, that's all for now!

No comments: