wishtrend

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Review: Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser

Greetings!


First of all, I would like to say that I only use this in the winter which is when my skin is beyond dry!
So technically, Malaysia has no Winter but I discovered this cleanser when I was in Beijing.


Product Image ( taken from Cetaphil.com) : 
Cetaphil



Gentle Skin Cleanser





Product Info:

Name: Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser
Size: 1 Litre
Brand: Cetaphil
Price: RM70
Where to buy: Stay Well Pharmacy, Gurney Plaza
Sizes available: 2 fl oz =59.14ml  / 8 fl oz = 236.59ml / 16 fl oz= 473ml / 20 fl oz= 591.5ml
In Malaysia, the common sizes are the 8 fl oz and the 16 fl oz. I've never seen the 20 fl oz but I've definitely seen the 1 litre one which is pretty uncommon in Malaysia actually. I've only seen the 1 litre one in Gurney Plaza.

Additional info (taken from http://www.cetaphil.com/products/gentle-skin-cleanser) :


As gentle as it gets.

Cetaphil® Gentle Skin Cleanser is great for daily makeup removal. Originally formulated for dermatologists, this cleanser is gentle on your skin and sensitive to your skin’s needs. Cetaphil® Gentle Skin Cleanser will not strip the skin of natural protective oils or emollients, or disturb the skin’s natural pH balance. This dermatologist-recommended cleanser is fragrance-free and non-comedogenic. Cetaphil® Gentle Skin Cleanser is gentle enough for children, teens and adults.


Ingredients( reason to why it is so gentle!) :

Water, cetyl alcohol, propylene glycol, sodium lauryl sulfate, stearyl alcohol, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben.


Price:

And yes there is no typing error! It really is the cheapest cleanser ever! RM70 for a whooping 1 Litre! 

This is one product you should not buy in China though. It is beyond beyond expensive in China! Price of a small 200++ ml bottle is RMB115 if I'm not mistaken. That is like RM55 for a very very little amount!

Scent:

No distinctive scent or whatsoever. 

Texture:

Although this is a rather inappropriate statement but did you know that TED in the movie TED used Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser in the scene where he pumped it all over his face to impress his fellow colleague in the supermarket? Yup! That is exactly how this cleanser looks like.

This cleanser does not foam no matter how much you try to lather. So, don't bother.

Experience:

Back in December of 2012, I went to China and it was Winter. My skin became so dry it started peeling like crazy. My skin hurts really bad. I knew I had to get a really gentle cleanser! I was using the Biore Brightening one I think. I knew I had to stop using the Biore one. So, I went to Solana and took an extremely long time scanning through all the cleansers available. There were so many that it was hard. I saw Cetaphil. They displayed so MANY! Like seriously, I whole shelf full of Cetaphil. You will never see that sight ever in Malaysia. So, I grabbed one despite the price after my mom convinced me of course.

When I got back to the apartment, I use this Cetaphil cleanser in the evening as my new face wash! The very next day, my skin was no longer peeling and flakes could no longer be seen! I was impressed. Oh and this cleanser is so gentle that even when it gets in your eyes, it does not sting your eyes! That is how gentle it is!

This is seriously a cure for dry skin!

But I must say this, after using this, you won't feel the 'clean' effect like what some people like. I don't care about that so it wasn't a problem for me.

Conclusion:
Super gentle and works well on super dry skin! It stops the flaking and all.

Will I repurchase? :

Yes! But only during the winter. 

No comments: