wishtrend

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Best app for learning chinese

Greetings~!

I'm sure it's no surprise to you readers that I'm currently in China. I thought this post might be a lil helpful to those who kinda have trouble with chinese. 

My chinese is bad, really bad. Before I came here, I only knew very very basic words and couldn't read nor write any characters apart from my name. When I started uni, we had this compulsory course which was Chinese Language, That class really helped. We were taught the very basic and well, step by step. After 3 semesters, I can say that my chinese has improved tremendously, though not good or anything. I still don't know a lot of characters. 

End of my story. :)

Now, let's move on to the app. I'm pretty sure now smartphones are the thing right now. Nobody doesn't have a handphone. Everyone owns either a smartphone or an iphone. Regardless of which phone you're using, you install apps. So, this app I want to introduce is so so so so useful if you ever need any help with chinese.

The app is called Pleco.





It looks like this.








You can check out their website here.


I'm not even kidding when I said this is the best application for chinese translation. I've downloaded a lot of apps, and deleted them too. But this, is definitely a keeper!


The key features which I just screenshot from their website:


I really love the handwriting feature. I mean there are countless times when you see a character but you don't even know the pinyin for it, so how the hell are you suppose to check the dictionary when you don't even know the pinyin? With this handwriting feature, that is no longer a problem. 

This app is simply amazing and best part, it's free!

So, for those of you who are learning chinese, definitely check this app out. It's very useful and it definitely helped me a lot. Hopefully, it will help you too. :D





No comments: